Árbol de café
Basic information and facts
Coffee is a stimulant. From ripe fruits the flesh of the berry is removed (usually by machine). The seeds (coffee beans) are then fermented to remove the slimy layer which still covers the bean. Then the beans are washed to remove fermentation residue and dried. The green seeds are then roasted before they are used to brew coffee. There are many different ways to brew coffee: boiled, steeped, or pressured.
Proverbs and Quotes
- A cup of coffee commits one to forty years of friendship.
- And then there is coffee! (Dutch advertisement)
- Coffee and love are best when they are hot.
- Coffee and love taste best when hot.
- Coffee from the top of the cup and chocolate from the bottom.
- Coffee has two virtues, it’s wet and it’s warm.
- Coffee is our bread. (Ethiopian proverb)
- Coffee is to wake up, coffee is to work with, coffee is to live with, coffee is life.
- Coffee leads men to trifle away their time, scald their chops, and spend their money, all for a little base, black, thick, nasty, bitter, stinking nauseous puddle water.
- Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.
- Conscience keeps more people awake than coffee.
- Everybody needs something to believe. I believe I’ll have another cup of coffee!
- Instant Human: Just Add Coffee.
- Is there life before coffee?
- This is coffee of yesterday. If you want coffee of today, please come back tomorrow.
- Too much coffee is bad for my health. I don’t know if it will kill me, but if it does I hope to come back as a coffee pot.
- You can’t take the milk back from the coffee.
- Coffee is a beverage that puts one to sleep when not drank. (by: Alphonse Allais)
- Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar, and fat. (by: Alex Levine)
- Black as the devil, Hot as hell, Pure as an angel, Sweet as love. (by: Charles-Maurice de Talleyrand)
- It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity. (by: Dave Barry)
- I like my coffee strong and my women weak. (Alexander Pappas)
1 cup hot coffee, 45 ml Irish whisky, 1 or 2 teaspoons of sugar, 2 tablespoons whipped cream
Mix coffee, whisky and sugar together in a mug or glass and put the whipped cream on top.